About Physiotherapy in Bathurst
Physiotherapy promotes wellness, mobility and independent function. Physiotherapists have advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well and how to restore mobility.
Is Physiotherapy for Me?
Physiotherapists are experts on movement and function. At Physio Max our Physiotherapists are skilled at assessing and managing a range of conditions including:
- Physical conditions such as back pain, arthritis and repetitive strain injury
- Sports injuries
- Work related injuries
- Motor vehicle accidents (MVA)
- Post surgery recovery
- Neck and back pain and other joint injuries
Physiotherapists in Bathurst can also help you to prevent most of the above conditions by offering advice on posture, exercise, workplace and lifestyle habits.
At Physio Max your Physiotherapists work as part of a team with you and sometimes other health care providers or sports coaches. The success of your physiotherapy program usually requires your co-operation outside of our Physiotherapy clinic. You will probably be required to participate in an exercise program or some modifications to your postural or lifestyle habits. Your dedication to your Physiotherapy "homework" will greatly enhance the outcome of your Physiotherapy program and will help you to achieve your goals as quickly as possible.
You can expect your Physiotherapist will follow the system below to ensure your time in Physiotherapy and at home is used effectively to reach your goals.
- Assess your symptoms.
- Diagnose your condition.
- Plan your treatment.
- Treat your condition.
- Continually evaluate the effect of treatment on your condition and adjust the treatment plan if necessary.
- Help you to manage your condition at home and to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Communicate with any other health professionals involved with your condition, such as your doctor, to ensure a united approach to achieving your goals.
At Physio Max our Physiotherapists keep up-to-date with the latest in medical and sports science research to help them select treatments that have been scientifically proven to help your condition. This is called "Evidence Based Practice".
Some of the treatments that Physiotherapists at Physio Max may use include:
- Mobilization/manipulation of joints
- Therapeutic exercise
- Electrotherapy such as ultrasound therapy and electrical stimulation
- Advice and education
Make us your first choice for Physiotherapy in Bathurst.